Application Portal for School of Engineering Majors and Concentrations
This online application form allows current UConn students to:
- Apply to change your major to one within the School of Engineering, from either a different school or college or to change your current engineering major.
- Apply to a second choice change of major within the School of Engineering, in case you are not selected for your first choice.
- Apply for an additional/second major in the School of Engineering (for current Engineering students only).
- Declare a concentration (for current Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management & Engineering for Manufacturing, Materials Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering students only). Please note: concentrations for current students are reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for admission to the Management and Engineering for Manufacturing (MEM) Program (dually conferred degree of the School of Engineering and School of Business) please submit your request using this site.
Click here for more information about all Engineering majors, and the admission criteria and eligibility standards used to review applications.
Interested in Engineering and Computers? We have three majors for three different paths. Before applying for one of them, please review the Three Distinct Computing Majors.
All prospective UConn students seeking admission to the University should review the application information on the Undergraduate Admissions website.
The Application Review Process and Deadlines
Applications are reviewed only twice a year - at the end of the fall and spring semesters in January and June.
- To be considered for spring admission your application must be received by December 25.
- To be considered for fall admission your application must be received by May 25.
To Withdraw or Change your Application Submission
Students can only have one application in the online application portal at a time. If you would like to edit the details of your submission, please email Engineering Advising's Assistant Director for Student Transitions, Shoshana Armington, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I reapply?
If your original application is denied, you can submit a new request.
Declaring Minors or Dual Degrees
This online system does not allow students within the School of Engineering to declare minors or dual degrees (additional degrees for students in majors outside of the School of Engineering).
To apply for an additional/dual degree, please use the Additional Degree Form available at http://registrar.uconn.edu/forms. Please collect all necessary signatures and bring the form to the Engineering II Building, room 304 to collect an Engineering Dean’s signature.
The School of Engineering requests that students do not contact the Undergraduate Programs Office for status updates on their applications.
Students receive notification via email when a decision is made.
If you have any problems with the system or questions regarding the submission process please contact Engineering Advising's Assistant Director of Student Transitions, Shoshana Armington, at email@example.com.